Monday, February 05, 2007

Help

2/1/2007

Noon - When I was admitted I was asked if I'd eaten that day. I said no and they ordered a tray for me, it never came.

Night - First food all day. I took one bite and nearly vomited, I went to bed hungry.

2/2/2007

Morning - Breakfast was inedible, it wasn't the only one with that problem throughout my stay. e.g. "The tomato soup tasted like it was spoiled." "The savory chicken was so dried out I couldn't chew it." I was pounding Maalox the entire time I was there.

Night - The food was inedible.

2/3/2007

Morning - The nurse dispensed the wrong dose of meds. When I questioned her she said she'd look at my chart. When she came back she said, "Oh, you're right." like it was no big deal.

Noon - The food was inedible.

Night - The food was inedible.

2/4/2007

Morning - When I was admitted they gave me a handout stressing the importance of proper hand washing (Keep washing until you finish saying the ABC's). I observed one of the staff push down the trash in an overflowing can with her bare hand then return to her post without washing.

I told the nurse about the med error of the day before and she said, "Good thing you were watching." like it was no big deal.

One of my meds was not sent up, I had to wait nearly two hours for it.

Night - I couldn't get past the smell of the food to try it.

2/5/2007

Noon - My last disguting meal before discharge. My stomach's on fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment