Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Deckers


Deckers 8-2006 (4)
Originally uploaded by csalling50.
We went to Deckers to party. We drove along the river waving and shouting with campsites of partiers. Weed and beer was passed to us as tired hikers hitched rides on the hood and tailgate.

When we found our campsite we got out of the car just in time to watch one needle freak shoot up another with speed. The big reciever groaned, "Whoa..." and fell on his back, the needle was still in his arm. He lay twitching a moment, got up, said, "Man..." and wandered away with the shooter.

After we got acquainted with all the people at the fire we sat around smoking weed. Dave and I, already high on mescaline (we called it mescaline, it was really kind of an artificial mescaline made of several types of watered down acid), talked about mystical things, John was talking with the only girl there, Gary was watching the fire and talking with a friend that spent the entire night rolling joints. He never took his eyes off the fire and never stopped the steady flow of perfect joints except to piss or take a couple tokes. Gary told us later he didn't need anything to get high, he was still on an acid trip that he'd been on for over a year. It began as a freak-out but after a time it eased enough for him to keep it mellow with a little weed.

Late into the night we heard some loud noises from the river then we heard the needle freaks singing:

Tree frog beer is good for you
Tree frog beer is good for you
Tree frog beer is good for you
Makes you good lookin'
Have lots of girlfiends too

When they got to our site a couple people retrieved them from the river. After they discovered that they were wet they started getting in the fire to dry off. We were kept busy for awhile pulling them out when they started to smoke. Finally they got started on getting a case of beer from their car. They discussed it for awhile then the shouting died down as they struggled up the mountain to the parking spot. Dave and I got really into it and talked about our climb in the morning. The needle freaks gave up after awhile, eventually, even they fell asleep. When it grew light enough to see we were disappointed to learn that the mountain was only a short slope.

After we ate and rested up from the night we went tubing down the rapids while other parties jumped into the river from the rocks. By the time we got home I was wiped out. Supper was almost ready so I laid down for a few minutes. When I woke up supper was over and there was no food left. I was peeved beacuse I went to bed around five and it'd only been a half hour before I got up. "You couldn't leave some for me?" I snapped at the first family member I saw. "What do you mean?" they asked. "Where's the food?" I growled. "What food?" was the answer. "Supper!" I shouted. People were grinning when I was told the pizza wasn't there yet. "Pizza?" I was puzzled. When I said, "Kat was making frito stuff when I laid down." They laughed and told me the punchline, "That was last night, you slept through a whole day."

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment